Hemorrhoids/Piles (Bawasir): Causes, treatments, and prevention tips by RamaKrsihna Hospital Experts
Hemorrhoids, also called piles, are swollen blood vessels in the anus and lower rectum. Hemorrhoids, if located inside the rectum are called internal hemorrhoids, and if grown under the skin around the anus, are called external hemorrhoids. In case of women they may result from straining during bowel movements or from the augmented pressure on these veins in the course of pregnancy.
The symptoms of hemorrhoids/Piles/Bawasir may include:
- Pain and discomfort
- Itching, irritation and swelling around the anus
- A sensitive or painful lump near anus
- Painless bleeding during bowel movements
Hemorrhoids can be developed from augmented pressure in the lower rectum due to:
- Straining during bowel movements
- Sitting on the toilet for long periods
- Chronic diarrhea or constipation
- Anal intercourse
- Low-fiber diet
Treatment & Remedies
You can even relieve the pain, swelling as well as inflammation of hemorrhoids with some curative measures. Analyzing the dire causes of Hemorrhoids, here are some treatment and remedial measures brought to you by our team of highly qualified experts. Often these are helpful and prove to be the only treatments needed.
- Consume fibrous food: Fibrous foods like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables helps soften the stool and rise its bulk that helps in reducing the straining.
- Utilize topical treatments: Applying topical treatments can further lessen the impact of hemorrhoid, a suppository containing hydrocortisone, or a numbing agent.
- Have a regular warm bath: It is advised to soak anal area regularly in plain warm water for upto 15 minutes 2 to 3 times a day.
- Keep it clean: It is always counselled to keep the anal area clean. Bathe daily and gently clean the skin around anus with warm water. Please avoid alcohol-based or aromatic wipes. Dry the area by gentle patting.
- Avoid dry toilet paper: It is recommended to use wet toilet paper which doesn’t contain perfume or alcohol so as to keep the anal area clean after a bowel movement
- Put on cold: To relieve swelling, it is customary to apply ice packs or cold compresses on and around the anus.
- Gain Comfort: All you need you to feel comfortable and for that you might require oral pain relievers. To relinquish your discomfort, you can temporarily use aspirin or ibuprofen.
It is believed that these treatments often show results within a week. However, if you don’t get relief in a week, it is advised that you to see your doctor if you experience intense pain or bleeding.
Contact us for Bawasir/Piles Treatment in Kota
For more information and personal counselling, please reach out to us at www.ramakrishnahospital.com or call us on 0744 – 2433111. Ramakrishna Multispecialty Hospital is a complex of Nursing Home, General Hospital and Charitable Unit, situated in the Kota City. The Hospital has a good team of full time highly qualified experienced Consultants most of them having foreign or Indian highest qualification in their respective specialty.